Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Healthy volunteers are participants who do not have a disease or condition, or related conditions or symptoms
An interventional clinical study is where participants are assigned to receive one or more interventions (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes.
An observational clinical study is where participants identified as belonging to study groups are assessed for biomedical or health outcomes.
Searching Both is inclusive of interventional and observational studies.
|Eligible Ages||18 Years - 89 Years|
- - Written informed consent to participate in the study obtained from the subject or legal representative a) prior to initiation of any study mandated procedure - Japanese subjects who have been diagnosed as having CTEPH: 1.
- - PH subjects whose WHO FC is I to IV - 6MWD measured during the screening period ranges from 150 m to 450 m - Subjects who meet the following conditions according to the right heart catheterization (RHC) performed during the screening period or within 8 weeks before the acquisition of the informed consent: 1.
- - Subjects treated with anti-coagulation agents, unfractionated heparin or low molecular weight heparin at least 90 days prior to RHC at baseline - Women with childbearing potential with negative serum pregnancy test results and able to follow the appropriate contraceptive methods from the date of starting the study drug administration up to 30 days after the discontinuation or completion of the study drug administration.
- - BPA within 90 days prior to undergoing baseline RHC - PEA within 180 days prior to undergoing baseline RHC - Subjects with unstable pulmonary hemodynamics who have postoperative persistent or recurrent PH after undergoing PEA and/or BPA - Recurrent thromboembolism undergoing treatment with oral anti-coagulation agents - Symptomatic acute pulmonary embolism within 180 days prior to the start of study drug administration - Known moderate-to-severe restrictive lung disease or obstructive lung disease or known significant chronic lung disease diagnosed by chest imaging (e.g., interstitial lung disease, emphysema) - Acute myocardial infarction during Screening period - Severe liver impairment.
- - Systolic blood pressure (SBP) < 90 mmHg at screening.
This trial id was obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants with locations in all 50 States and in 196 countries.
Phase 1: Studies that emphasize safety and how the drug is metabolized and excreted in humans.
Phase 2: Studies that gather preliminary data on effectiveness (whether the drug works in people who have a certain disease or condition) and additional safety data.
Phase 3: Studies that gather more information about safety and effectiveness by studying different populations and different dosages and by using the drug in combination with other drugs.
Phase 4: Studies occurring after FDA has approved a drug for marketing, efficacy, or optimal use.
The sponsor is the organization or person who oversees the clinical study and is responsible for analyzing the study data.
The person who is responsible for the scientific and technical direction of the entire clinical study.
|Yoshinari Yokoyama, PhD|
|Principal Investigator Affiliation||Actelion Japan|
Category of organization(s) involved as sponsor (and collaborator) supporting the trial.
The disease, disorder, syndrome, illness, or injury that is being studied.
|Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH)|
Experimental: Open-label treatment period
oral administration of macitentan 10 mg once daily
Drug: - macitentan 10 mg
macitentan 10 mg, film-coated tablet, oral use
Contact a Trial Team
If you are interested in learning more about this trial, find the trial site nearest to your location and contact the site coordinator via email or phone. We also strongly recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the trials that may interest you and refer to our terms of service below.